- More than 10 years experience as a communications, public relations and marketing professional.
- Managed communications for seventh largest chamber of commerce in the US.
- Managed media relations and internal communications for largest regional campus of Indiana University.
- Three years developing communications strategies and technical writing for all eight Indiana University campuses in the Office of the Vice President for Information Technology.
- Three years of agency experience in account management, copywriting and graphic design.
- Developed and managed communications strategies for internal giving campaign resulting in highest participation, total amount given and average per-donor gift.
- E-communications strategy yielded 14 percent increase in readership and 20 percent more click-thru rates for Greater Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce.
- Outdoor advertising copy brought more than 227,000 unique visits to client’s Web site.
- Developed concept and copy as project manager for award-winning communication to all Indiana University faculty and staff.
- Produced viral video that aired on ESPN, msnbc, truTV and garnered more than 500,000 YouTube hits.
- Expert copywriter for all communication needs: traditional, emerging trends and new media.
- Developing results-based communications plans to encompass your organization’s mission, goals and objectives.
- Superior cross-platform software knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge and experience with Tweets, blogs, wikis, Facebook and other social media.
Public Information Officer, Clark County Department of Family Services
January 2014 – Present, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Develop department wide communication plans as well as specific plans for units and initiatives.
- Provide media relations support.
- Create marketing concepts and materials.
- Write and design all collateral pieces for department’s adoption services.
Owner, MacDonald Communications
January 2004 – January 2014, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Managed social media strategies for several central Indiana clients.
- Provided copywriting support for Fortune 50 corporation.
- Served as editorial consultant for higher education client.
Senior Communications Writer, WellPoint, Inc.
August 2010 – August 2012, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Developed social media strategies, corporate identity communications and internal communications.
- Managed internal communications for the WellPoint Foundation which includes playing an integral role in our annual giving campaign.
Communications Manager, Greater Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
May 2007 – September 2008, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Managed all e-communications, copywriting, magazine editing and member communications.
- Account manager for major technology client. Also wrote newsletters, advertising copy, articles, brochures and Web site copy.
- Developed communications strategies across all eight IU campuses for IT services and initiatives.
- Managed all media relations for university as well as internal communication to faculty and staff.
- Provide a lively and entertaining atmosphere in table games to provide the highest level of customer service in a fun, positive gaming environment.
- Proficient in dealing the following games: craps, blackjack, mini baccarat and various novelty poker games.
- Manage 4 – 8 games and dealers per shift with attention to individual table bankrolls, tracking player action, resolving disputes and protecting company assets.
- Provide coaching/leadership to dealers to ensure game protection and the most optimal guest service.
- Bachelor of General Studies with emphasis in communications
- Minor Area: Sociology